Opportunity to study at a university in the Netherlands on a scholarship. The University of Amsterdam in the Netherlands is offering international students the opportunity to study in a completely free postgraduate program. Under the “Amsterdam Merit Scholarship”, students from Bangladesh and other countries can apply for this scholarship. The last date for application is January-May 2023 (annual). The application deadline varies from faculty to faculty.
The University of Amsterdam is a public university located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. There are two public research universities in Amsterdam. One is the University of Amsterdam and the other is the University of Amsterdam Open University. The university was established by the municipality in 1632. The city was later renamed the University of Amsterdam.
It is the third oldest university in the Netherlands. It is one of the largest universities in Europe with 31,186 students, 4,794 administrative officers, and 1,340 Ph.D. students. The University of Amsterdam has an annual budget of 600 million. It is the largest university in the Netherlands in terms of student enrollment.
• Will pay tuition fees.
• Will pay a portion of the cost of living.
• The amount of scholarship can range from €2,000 to €25,000, depending on the faculty.
• Scholarship is given for one year. However, postgraduate programs provide the opportunity to extend for the second year.
• The Amsterdam Merit Scholarship can sometimes be supplemented with a Holland Scholarship, a member of the Scholarship at the University of Amsterdam.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree.
• Academic results should be good. (The CGPA should be a total of 3.5 or more).
• Must be proficient in the English language.
However, the criteria may vary in faculty variations. The applicant will have to check the specific eligibility requirements, selection criteria, and application instructions on the websites of the faculty or graduate school.
• All academic transcripts.
• Motivation letter (must be a maximum of 500 words).
• Proof of English proficiency (IELTS: 7;00, TOEFL: 100).
• Abekari’s CV.
Application Process: Apply online.